Sunday, March 27, 2011

Real Party: Sid the Science Kid Birthday

Hi everyone,

I want to share with you Gavin's Super-Oooper-Schmooper Birthday Party. It was a very intimate gathering for our immediate family. The time frame was from 2pm-4pm, a 2 hour window before his nap. It worked out beautifully. Thankfully I had the help of my husband and my sister,  who came early to help me finish up all the details.

The birthday theme had to be Sid The Science Kid since he loves the show so much. The Sid The Science Kid show colors are bold and vibrant, needless to say that it was very challenging. Here is a sneak peek of his Birthday celebration.  Everything was designed by yours truly.

As you came in you saw a welcome Sid sign and an invitation on a mini easel I made.  Next to it, plates, cups, utensils and party hats that were purchase from celebration express.com. My sister helped me finish the last touches by adding blue curling ribbons at the top of the hats.  I created the awesome banner and I designed the orange soda labels that were printed at a printer in Long Island, NY.

Flowers arrangement by Joan Smith Flowers in Port Washington. The whole arrangement was to drool for. Joan also did the flowers for my Wedding, bridal shower & baby shower. If you live in Long Island, I totally recommend her for any event.   Cake by Melissa the Cake Hero in Brooklyn, she did such a wonderful job on the cake and characters. I think the best replica of Sid I have seen out there.  Thumbs up Melissa.



Birthday boy in his adorable pink stripe shirt.  Cake pops, chocolate covered pretzels and meringues were made by Michael at the Main Street Bakery. They were simply delicious. Last picture is the happy family.

Birthday Throne. lol   Cupcakes by Melissa the Cake hero, they were delicious. Last but not least my husband's marshmallow treats that were dipped in chocolate and sprinkles. It was Yummy yum yum. Cupcake toppers, labels designed by moi, aka mommy.


*********
LONG ISLAND / NY VENDORS:
Styling/Design/Labels by ME  (Art by Angeli)
Flower arrangement  Joan Smith Flowers (Port Washington, NY) JoanSmithFlowers
Cake/ cupcakes Melissa The Cake Hero (Williamsburg, Brooklyn)  TheCakeHero
Cake pops/chocolate cvrd. pretzels/meringues Main Street Bakery(Port Washington) MainSt.Bakery
Sid party hats, cup, plates & napkins  Celebrate Express.com
Label Printing  Agrecolor Printing  (Mineola, NY)
Table cloth, Ballon weights, balloons  Party City 
Ribbons, wrapping paper, flags for cake pops  Michaels
Candy in bulks  Metro Candy and Nut (Syosset, NY)

*********

16 comments:

  1. Angeli, I am impressed and amazed, what a gorgeous dessert table! It was such a pleasure working with you, I'm so pleased to see that my cake found such a lovely home with all those adorable treats. Happy first birthday to Gavin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the whole theme and you forgot to mention the party hats =) but def everything
    was beautifully made and managed, it was a super birthday party in Candy Land, loved all the treats and cake, he was mesmerized by all of it and us I think, very special times to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! I love the styling and colors for a little boy. The cake is adorable and everything looks delicious. I'll take one of each!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my! this looks wonderful! and detailed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did sc a great job. I am doing my sons 2nd birthday party in Sid the Science Kid. Where did you fing the Happy Birthday Banner and the f;ags for the cupcakes? also, where did you find the tags for the soda? You can email me at kendragreenlee0622@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhh please ohh please tell me where you found the tags for the sodas ?? I am doing my babys 1st bday in July and i wanna start planning now :) please email me @ japajess@yahoo.com Thank you so much in advance

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I get a copy of the Sid printables please. Thank you. pvanek06@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE! Please send a copy of the printables. Son's 1st birthday is the week! I would love to use them. madiana.sanoh@gmail.com
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is this party pack/ printables available for purchase? Jmdallam@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you still have the Sid the Science Kid birthday materials? My son is having a Sid party for his first birthday and I would love to have those printables. I saw your pictures and the decorations are beautiful! My email address is jamietipps@hotmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did an awesome job! Do you think you could email me the printables when you get a chance? ngaona23@gmail.com

    I'm planning my daughters 1st bday and would love to have this for her.
    thank you in advance

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Great job on this! Could you please email me the printables for this? My son is turning 2 in May and he watchces this show at least 2 times a day! My email is tjstaceywheeler@gmail.com.

    Thank you so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! My son is turning 2 and we are doing a Sid the Science kid themed birthday party. Could you please send me the free printables for this? Loved what you did!

    jcbeccia@gmail.com

    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, could you please share your printables with me for my son's bday party. email sdhall00@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness! This Sid the Science Kid Birthday party was adorable. I am completely in love with each and everything that had been arranged for this party. These are some fabulous inspirations that I can sue for my kid’s upcoming birthday that we will prefer hosting at some local event space Atlanta.

    ReplyDelete