Saturday, November 22, 2014

DIY Elvis Costume

Lately I haven't been posting my projects as it is the busy season for my photography business. I finally got some free time to put some things together for my Halloween costumes post which I made for my boys this year. I tell you, nothing makes me happier than doing things for my boys and seeing their smiles. Even if it last for 5 minutes! During those first 5 minutes they were just too adorable. I made sure to photograph both kids to keep these memories forever.
Then it all started.... "Mommy, this makes me itchy, the hat hurts, I don't want to wear those shoes."  Not too far behind we see our 2 year old literally ripping his "Elvis" costume off. Did I mention I have a little Bam Bam?!   When I started making the top part of the "Elvis" costume for him I knew it wasn't going to be easy because he did not want to even try it on for fitting. I did my best and I think it came out pretty damn good. It was a ton of work, but I will never forget their faces for those 5 minutes that the costumes looked perfect.
Next year, I'm buying costumes! Even though it totally made my day when one of my neighbors actually said " I have been waiting a whole year to see what you came up with" Awwwwwwww Wasn't that sweet?! 







No comments:

Post a Comment