Saturday, June 11, 2011

How to make an easy summer dress:

I hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend. It's raining in New York therefor is a perfect day to sew! My husband would rather see me painting but I am in love with sewing at the moment and I must put my brush down.

As I mentioned to you on my "How to make a tunic dress" post about my friend, Yulia. When I last visited her, she was kind enough to make me a dress pattern from a dress I no longer wear but love the shape of. My first attempt to sew my own dress was not the tunic dress, my first attempt was a much simpler dress which I had a pattern for.  I changed the pattern just a tiny bit. Why? because I was scared to make a mistake on the collar area. There! Okay, I feel better.  There were some mistakes along the way, but I think the project turned out okay. I was content with the results and I made 2 other dresses with the same pattern.

I took a picture of the dress patterns before I started to sew them together to help you understand what pieces you will need and as picture of the results. It's a very comfortable and easy dress to make. 
Cut 2 pieces.

 I used Cotton Jersey fabric and 1/4" elastic for the waist. 

 
Here I used linen fabric and 1/2"elastic for the waist. 



1 comment:

  1. great dresses, you are so talented sis
    It's nice to see you work on nice projects,
    great neck line and perfect lengths.
    The last one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete