Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Before and After: Entry Hall Cabinet


Hi, 

The entry of my house has been in a serious need of good furniture. This past 8 months I have been shopping around for the perfect piece of furniture. What I had in mind for the entry hall was something that had a masculine feel to it,  clean lines but most importantly something that will not go out style.  It almost feels like finding the right partner. :-p <-- dramatic, I know!  The good news is that I finally found the right piece. Woohooo!

I found it on Craigslist for $40 dollars. It has been stored all winter because I've been waiting for good weather so this past weekend this beauty finally received an awesome make-over. It was made with beautiful wood, possibly Brazilian?  It was such a beautiful finish that I would have loved to refinish it with a light stain to preserve the original wood. However the previous owner had some pretty bad cup stains on top that I was not able to preserve it. 

First, cleaned, sanded, painted and sealed.  I used 2 cans of Krylon Gloss and I also painted the inside of this cabinet. 
For instructions on how to refinish furniture, please check my previous "Refinishing Furniture" post. 


No comments:

Post a Comment